The Officers, Directors and Members of NYSVARA mourn the tragic loss of FDNY’s EMT Yadira “Yari” Arroyo.

Thank you for your Service & Sacrifice.


Click Here to Donate to the EMT Arroyo Children’s Fund

We are deeply saddened to hear of the tragic loss of FDNY EMT Yadira Arroyo as the result of a senseless act. She was one of the less than 1% of the population who make up the ranks of first responders who help protect the other 99%. We extend our heartfelt and sincere condolences to her family, friends and co-workers. This is a loss for the whole EMS family.
Henry Ehrhardt
President
NYS Volunteer Ambulance & Rescue Association, Inc.

 

FDNY Release: It is with deep regret that FDNY announces the line of duty death of FDNY EMT Yadira Arroyo. EMT Arroyo, 44, was assigned to Station 26 in the Bronx and bravely served the Department for 14 years. EMT Arroyo was critically injured while responding to a medical call in the Bronx when an individual seized control of her ambulance and struck her. She was transported to Jacobi Medical Center where she succumbed to her injuries. She is the 8th member of FDNY EMS to die in the line of duty, and the 1146th member of the Department to make the Supreme Sacrifice while serving our city.


Funeral arraignment for FDNY EMT Yadira Arroyo from EMS Station 26

Wake:

Thursday 3/23 and Friday 3/24
2-4 PM 7-9 PM
Lucchese Funeral Home
726 Morris Park ave bronx

Funeral:

Sat 3/25 at 11 AM
St Nicholas of Tolentine
2345 University ave Bronx

Internment:

Woodlawn Cemetery

All members encouraged to attend. CLASS A Uniforms

 

SAVE THE DATE FOR PULSE CHECK 2017

September 21, 22, 23, 24-2017

Albany Marriott Wolf Rd Albany, NY

Our Association

Learn More About NYSVARA »

Representing New York's Community, Volunteer & Non-Profit EMS Sector the The New York State Volunteer Ambulance & Rescue Association, Inc. is a statewide not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) membership organization, active since 1939. Our mission is to promote and assist the interests of the state’s community volunteer and nonprofit EMS/First Responder/First Aid sector. The association continues to keep pace with the challenges facing EMS, First Response and Rescue today. Membership is open to organizations and individuals.

Pick a tab below to learn more

THANK YOU!

For making Pulse Check 2016
another great event!

NAEMT

Join NAEMT when you join NYSVARA & save $10 on your
NAEMT membership www.NAEMT.Org

EVENT

Near Miss and Line of Duty Death Online Reporting Click HERE!

NCEMSC

Upcoming Events


NNYSVARA Board of Directors Meeting
Saturday, November 7 2015
Capitol Hill Management’s Office
1450 Western Av. Suite 101
Albany, NY 12203